(*Note: This post may contain affiliate links. These links will help you find items I’ve purchased, love, or am lusting after!)
***All images below are url linked so if you’d like to purchase or see more details just click!***
Welcome back for the second installment of Santa’s Sleigh List where you won’t just impress your friends, family, and colleagues, you’ll ‘slay’ them! 😉 If you’d like to read the first installment which covered fountain pen inks, check it out here.
This week I’m sharing gift recommendations for the three types of planner users—affectionately referred to as ‘planner addicts’—covered in my ‘Planner Overload’ series. If you know someone who’s been curious about getting started with planners or someone who already has a system down pat, here are some things that can add a little holiday dazzle to their daily routine.
Beginner Planner Addicts
For beginners, the rules covered in my previous blogpost still apply: keep things simple so it’s not overwhelming. All they need is a nice bound planner, some post-its, and a pen or pencil.
For the gentlemen, here are two of the top quality planners on the market favored by fountain pen enthusiasts–from Quo Vadis and Rhodia–with just a touch of sophistication for that special man in your life.
Carrying around such beautiful planners need equally beautiful post-its to match of course! Below are sets from Lilly Pulitzer, Ban.do, Kate Spade, and Cavallini & Co which contain several post-its in a variety of sizes packaged beautifully in a set.
And let’s not forget a nice pen to tie it all together. 🙂 Featured are pens from Kate Spade, Swarovski, Cross, and Vera Bradley in variety of styles for different tastes as well as two fountain pen cult favorites for those who like the nostalgic feel of nib on paper.
Intermediate Planner Addicts
These folks on your holiday list are a bit more knowledgeable and already have a system in place that they use every day (check out blogpost here). So what are a few special things we can get them that they would not think to get for themselves?
How about an extra planner? As a multi-planner user, I find it helpful to keep separate planners to serve a specific purpose (e.g. one for work, one for home/family, one for my blog, etc.) or to just ‘swap out’ the cover with the change of the season. Intermediate users will tend to favor a specific binding system whether it be ring, disc, or bound so below are some wonderful options that’ll make great gifts!
A few great universal options in styles and colors that would appeal to both men and women are:
- Ring: Filofax leather binders which are popular with planner addicts because of the large variety of colors, sizes, and styles (available in pocket, personal, or A5 sizes) as well as planner accessories. The personal size if perfect as an on-the-go planner
Disc: The Happy Planner by MAMBI premiered earlier this year to big accolades. This disc bound planner comes with everything you need for the entire year, has an assortment of covers, and lots of add-ons. Include a disc bound punch as a special bonus so your planner addict can punch and add any piece of paper to their planner!
- Bound: In addition to the options recommended above for beginner planner addicts, the Midori Travelers Notebooks make a wonderful addition to any planner collection because of their simplistic design and high quality leather that ages wonderfully over time (available in passport and standard sizes). Midori also offers numerous booklets and accessories.
Advanced Planner Addicts
As you can imagine, advanced planner addicts are the ‘real deal’ in terms of utilizing every inch of their system effectively and efficiently (check out blogpost here). At this level, the best gifts are the ‘toys’ they can get to further enhance or ‘glam up’ their system. Also at this level, planner addict styles will fall into one of three categories: function, crafter, or creative. Below are gift recommendations for each category:
- Function – These users are ‘all business’ and use their planners to achieve maximum productivity. To help them carry or display their functional tools in style, try a planner cover or a pen/supplies case.
- Crafter – these users are very artistic and use crafting and/or art techniques to make their planners pretty and unique. Whether it’s decorative washi tape, blinged out stickers, fancy paper clips, watercolors, or markers, their planner pages are truly a feast for the eyes!
- Creative – these users love designing their own planner inserts, dividers, stickers, etc. to personalize their planners. Some of their essential tools are: an adjustable hole punch that can punch everything from a pocket to an A5 size, a thermal laminating machine for creating dashboards and dividers, a cutting board set to carefully trim custom inserts, or a Silhouette Portrait cutting machine to create stickers and die-cut ephemra.
I hope you found this holiday list helpful in finding the perfect planner gift for someone special or even just a gift for yourself. 😉 If you did and know someone else it could help, please like, subscribe, and share on social media.
Come back next week for Part Three of Santa’s Sleigh List to get more gift ideas!
Until next time,
♥ LilD ♥